MAPLETON OF MEDFORD, LLC
Please read the following carefully:
1. Battle of the Bands will consist of 24 bands competing to win $5000 cash. To enter visit 957kboy.com and fill out the online form submitting your demo or visit the KBOY studios at 1438 Rossanley Drive, Medford OR 97501 to fill out your entry form and submit your demo for consideration. Dates will be determined and announced by Station Management, however deadline to enter will be May 20th 2013.
2. Officers, employees, ex-employees, and employee-volunteers of KBOY and its parent company, Mapleton Communications of Medford, LLC (Mapleton), as well as their immediate families, are not eligible to participate in Battle of the Bands Employees of any media competitor and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in any contest of Mapleton.
3. All winners must be at least 21 years of age.
4. Participants may win only once during any 90 day period. Winners are not eligible to participate and win a prize until after 90 days from the date of their last win.
5. The decision of KBOY and Mapleton in verifying and confirming winners will be final. KBOY and Mapleton reserve the right to discontinue on-going promotions and contests as deemed necessary. KBOY reserves the right to change contest rules at anytime and will become official upon announcement of the rule changes. Such changes will be posted on the contest website and/or posted at the KBOY Studios.
6. Prizes are non-transferable. KBOY and Mapleton reserve the right to substitute prizes if the prizes promised become unavailable during the duration of the promotion. The alternate prize may be of equal or greater value than original prize. Non-cash prizes are not convertible to cash. Prizes that are time and date sensitive such as concert tickets and trips can not be substituted if the winner is unable to use such prizes.
7. Taxes may be due for certain prizes awarded by KBOY. Winners will be responsible to pay any taxes due. Station KBOY will file IRS Form 1099-MISC reporting the winner of any prize valued at $600.00 or more, or the winner of prizes valued at a total of $600.00 or more during a calendar year. Thus, KBOY may ask winners for their social security numbers or to complete IRS Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
8. Winners must provide photo identification when claiming prizes.
9. All phone calls to our 541-779-2070 are customarily recorded and may be broadcast on the air. In addition, certain winners may also be required to sign a release to authorize KBOY and Mapleton’s radio network to use their name in future promotions and contests or to put their voices and comments on the air as a form of testimonial for promotional purposes only, without additional payment or consideration.
10. Prizes that are unclaimed within three months after the announcement shall be forfeited. Checks awarded as cash prize shall be voided and forfeited if not cashed within six months from the date of the check. Cash prizes can only be awarded if the necessary photo identification is presented.
11. Due to the coverage of Mapleton nationwide, a contest may be voided in locations where prohibited.
12. Should there be any question regarding the rules or conduct of the Battle of the Bands please contact Joe Mussio at KBOY.
13. KBOY and Mapleton are not responsible for any problems with phone service.
14. All prizes won are used at the winner’s own risk and responsibility.
15. Each winner shall hold KBOY, Mapleton and their officers, employees and agents free from any liability or responsibility for winner’s use of the prizes.
16. The winner will be responsible for the time spent, transportation, taxes, tips and other costs in connection with the receipt or use of the prize won, without any liability or responsibility by KBOY, Mapleton, and their officers, directors, members, employees and agents.
17. Qualifing rounds will consist of eight (8) weeks of three (3) qualifying bands to perform a minimum 20 minute and maximum 30 minute set consisisting of at least one (1) original song. 4 judges selected by station management will score with specific criteria and announce one (1) band to advance to the semi final round.
18. Semi-final rounds will consist of the eight (8) weekly winners over a 2 week period. 4 semi-finalist bands will perform a maximum 20 minute set consisisting of at least one (1) original song. 4 judges selected by station management will score with specific criteria and announce the top two (2) bands to advance to the final round of the completion.
19. Final round will consist of four (4) finalist bands. Each finalist band will perform a maximum 20 minute set consisisting of at least one (1) original song. 4 judges selected by station management will score with specific criteria and announce the Battle of the Bands Champion and award the grand prize of $5000 cash.
20. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action, arising out of or in connection with the Battle of the Bands shall be resolved individually, without class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in the state or federal
courts within the state of Oregon; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to out-of-pocket-costs incurred, including costs incurred in entering this giveaway, but in no event attorney's fees; and (3) Entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages and rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
21. Finalists will be required to participate in any publicity promotions related to the
Battle of the Bands, at the sole discretion and reasonable request of KBOY, the Sponsors, and/or Judges.